Thursday 25 November 2010

Interspersing

Here is a small experiment interspersing news relating to conflicts around the world and what I posted that day.
Key of abbreviations: FB = Facebook, BS = Blogspot, EM = Email.

October 22nd 2010

The 'Iraq War Logs' are leaked today on WikiLeaks. Almost 400,000 secret army files were leaked including evidence of torture and logs of civilian deaths when both the American and British governments had denied that official records of civilian deaths existed (Davies, Steele, and Leigh.)

FB: Fran Roberts knocked a bottle of Fuze over her desk and now her glasses are sticky :(

October 29th 2010

Two parcel bombs were intercepted on cargo planes. The bombs are believed to have originated in Yemen and were made by members of Al Qaeda. The bombs were addressed to synagogues in the Chicago and were due to explode whilst the planes were in mid-air (Wassef.) I wonder if the synagogues were chosen as a retaliation to the treatment of Palestinians by the Israeli government. The middle east has been volatile for a long time and that would certainly increase tensions.

EM: I might just head over and get stuff now. If I can't find any whiskey I like, will vodka/gin/rum be ok?

November 23rd 2010 (22nd PST)

As mentioned in my previous entry on this journal, North Korea launched an attack on South Korea.

BS: The weather has been firmly stuck in the minus figures for a few days now. If I haven't spoken to you and told you, we have snow. Vancouver rarely has snow and we're currently about 10 degrees less than we should be at this time of year - yay!

This experiment was done retrospectively and not as the events happened. It is interesting to see how world events have not entered into what I write on these various sites and yet I knew of all these things at the time they were relevant. I guess the only explanation I can give is that these are my personal postings about things in my life and unless the wars and the conflicts and the attacks directly affect my life, they probably won't get mentioned. Whilst Susan Griffin's entries also relate to her life, she often comments on what is going on in the wider world around her, such as the mentions of the first Gulf war.

No comments:

Post a Comment